Sunday, September 27

Farewell to my household longest serving vehicle..

Last Wed, Sept 24th, my family sent in our longest serving vehicle to JPJ garage to be scrapped. This boy served my family for 25 years :(. It was a 1979 Honda Civic 1300cc Hondamatic 5-door hatchback. Hondamatic? It was practically the first generation of automatic cars made by Honda in Japan. This car is fully imported from Japan with made in Japan tag on it! Click here to read more about Hondamatic.

The car was bought for my mum when I was 5. It was meant for transporting my brother and I to school and kindergarten. Well, it was my main transportation for kindergarten, primary as well as secondary school. I think for most of my friends who knew me long enough, I m pretty sure they could remember this car.

This was the first car my brother drove when he got his licencse. When I first got my driving license, this was the car i was practically driving around with as well. To go out with friends, to get me to church and activities. I tapau-ed quite a lot of 90's Proton Saga with big muffler using this boy!

But now, I have to bid farewell to him. The gearbox is not good anymore and we couldn't find any spare parts for it. Of coz, there're more other problems than just the gearbox. Thus, my parents decided to scrapped it for a new car using the exchange programme.

Took some pictures of it...definitely my last pictures of it. Well done boy, you've served my family well. It's time for you to get ur rest. Thank you!





Just a missing alphabet 'A'. Even the Hondamatic logo (at the bottom right) is still intact. Not sure if new car's logo nowadays can last for 30years!

Comments:
That's really sad, but it goes to show how long Hondas last, and that's forever!! Hahhahahaha.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]